Suzuki Early Childhood Education Music Classes
Our Harmony Suzuki Early Childhood Education classes will begin Fall 2019. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list for our classes, please register here.
Our classes are open enrollment!
New families may visit and join any time during the year! Your first class is free! RSVP
Tuition: $200 per 10 week session (prorated if you join the class mid session)
One Time Materials Fee: $35
– Suzuki Book and CD
– Notebook and Pen
– Tote bag
– Parent Packet
What are Pre-Pre Twinkle Classes?
Pre-Pre Twinkle classes are mixed age music and movement classes for students ages 3 to 5 years. A parent attends each class and is an active participant. Elements of both our SECE Baby/Toddler classes and the Pre-Twinkle stage of Suzuki instrumental instruction are included. Children ages 3-4 are encouraged to enroll in our Baby/Toddler classes before enrolling in our Pre-Pre Twinkle class. Graduates of our Pre-Pre Twinkle class should be ready to successfully enroll in Suzuki instrumental instruction.
Weekly classes provide a calm & structured environment in which children will develop:
– Rhythm & Melodic Awareness
– Social Skills
– Taking Turns
– Focus through Listening & Concentration
– Fine & Gross Motor Skills
– Singing & Pitch matching
– Self Confidence & Self Expression
– Group Participation
– Language through Vocabulary Development
– Creativity & Sensitivity
– Attend weekly Pre-Pre Twinkle Classes
– Listen and sing at home daily to prepare the environment for instrumental practice.
– Learn to take lesson notes at class to help the parent become an effective home teacher.
– Observe private and group Suzuki lessons at the studio they plan to begin instrumental instruction at.
– Read Nurtured by Love by Shinichi Suzuki and Ability Development from Age Zero by Shinichi Suzuki.
– Parents are encouraged to take private lessons with the studio you plan to enroll in instrumental instruction. This enables parents to be the very best home teacher they can be, to begin to build a relationship with the studio teacher, to build excitement for the instrument with daily home practice, and to reserve a spot for private lessons once the child is ready to begin (otherwise families may need to be placed on a waitlist until a lesson time becomes available).
In addition to The Seven Concepts of SECE, families will become familiar with the Suzuki Method, the Suzuki Triangle, and the Ten Principles of Suzuki instrumental instruction (many overlap with The Seven Concepts of SECE!).
Additional Suzuki ECE Resources
Suzuki Association of the Americas ECE
Check out this video!
20 IMPORTANT CONCEPTS PARENTS LEARN IN SUZUKI ECE
Register here for classes or email email@example.com for more details.
Harmony SECE Class Policies